Information we collect and create
Each time you use Content Auditor’s services, we collect and in turn, generate information to better serve all of our users. Content Auditor relies on a proprietary algorithm that uses data collected from individual websites to determine the relative quality of website content.
Content Auditor collects information in the following ways:
- Information we obtain from your use of the service. We collect so-called “crawl” information from the websites that you submit to Content Auditor, including content, structure, types of media, navigation, languages, metadata and search information to assist in providing the best service to you. This includes any comments, ratings or other activities conducted by the user while using Content Auditor’s services. Additional information collected by Content Auditor through its services may include:
- Log information. When you use our services or view Content Auditor reports, we may collect and store certain information in our server logs, including:
- Internet protocol addresses.
- Cookies that may be used to uniquely identify your Content Auditor account.
- Device information such as browser type, hardware, crashes, and the date and time of your requests.
- Details of how you used our services, and what websites you queried.
- Information you provide. When you sign up to use Content Auditor, we may ask for personal information, including your name, business name, phone number, email address, mailing address or billing information. If your website is password protected or located on a non-public intranet, we will use all access information that you provide us with in order to deliver services to you. Any personal information that you provide to Content Auditor will be securely stored by us and, subject to those exceptions outlined in this Policy under the heading “Information We Use”, will not be shared with third parties. Any crawl or audit information will be used by Content Auditor and will be shared with third parties in accordance with this Policy.
- Information we create. With the exception of personal information, we utilize crawl and other information collected from you to generate further information in the form of an audit.
How we use the information we collect and create
We use the crawl and audit information collected from our users in order to provide, maintain, improve and develop new services for you, our users. We also use crawl and audit information to provide the best possible user experience and ensure that Content Auditor’s services work for you. More specifically, we use crawl and audit information collected from websites and website content to provide reports regarding the readability, complexity, structure, search ranking, ease of use and length of the content. Such crawl and audit information will be used by Content Auditor to create a general score for each website that will be aggregated for the purpose of comparative analytics.
If you generate a website content report using Content Auditor, the results and content of that report will be used by Content Auditor to provide comparative analytics for all Content Auditor users. With the exception of crawl or audit data, we will not release any of the actual content from websites that are not public domain, nor will the website’s name or domain be used in any reports generated for comparison purposes.
When you contact Content Auditor, we maintain a record of that communication to help solve any issues that you may face when using Content Auditor and to improve our services.
Information we share
We do not share any personal information with third parties, including companies, organizations and individuals outside of Content Auditor without your written consent unless such personal information is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable laws, detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud or security issues, or protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Content Auditor, our users or the public, to the extent required and permitted by law.
When you sign up for Content Auditor services, subject to your right to invoke privacy controls detailed in this Policy, you are opting-in to having your crawl and audit information (including the content of your website), used for the purpose of creating reports on usability and content that may be shared with other Content Auditor users in the form of comparative analytics.